"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Monday, August 18, 2014

'Descending the steps leading into the garden, Therese saw a little white hen under a tree, protecting her little chicks under her wings; some were peeping out from under.  Therese stopped, looking at them thoughtfully; after a while, I made a sign that we should go inside.  I noticed her eyes were filled with tears, and I said:"You're crying!"  She put her hand over her eyes and cried even more.
"I can't explain it just now; I'm too deeply touched."
That evening, in her cell, she told me the following, and there was heavenly expression on her face:
"I cried when I thought how God used this image in order to teach us His tenderness towards us.  All through my life, this is what He has done for me!  He has hidden me totally under His wings!  Earlier in the day, when I was leaving you, I was crying when going upstairs;  I was unable to control myself any longer, and I hastened to our cell.  My heart was overflowing with love and gratitude."
(From 'St. Therese of Lisieux, Her Last Conversations.')

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...