"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Solitude, excerpt from Saint Faustina's Diary...

Painting by Albert Lorieux

"Solitude - my favorite moments,
Solitude - but, always with You, Jesus and Lord,
Close to Your Heart, time passes pleasantly for me,
And, close to Him, my soul finds repose.

When the heart is filled with You and over-flowing with love,
and the soul burns with pure fire,
then,  amidst  the utmost desolation, the soul will not experience loneliness,
because it rests on Your bosom.

O Solitude -  moments of supreme companionship,
though I be abandoned by all creatures,
I immerse myself, totally in the ocean of Your Godhead,
and You listen sweetly to my confidences."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...