"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Good Shepherd


How many times have I myself been like the little lamb that Jesus holds lovingly in His arms? He who knows me and calls me by name! I am special to Him and he longs for our intimate relationship as much as I do...even MORE than I do!! He loves to pick me up in His arms and protect me and just love His little lamb! But, because of my weak human nature, I forget this and try too often to rely on myself and more often than not, mess things up! Because He is a loving God, He lets me do this, all the while watching me...probably with a little grin...and patiently waits for me to ask Him again for help. And of course I DO ask and of course He does help because He is who He is!! He knows that I really DO desire to be held by Him. It is only in His arms that I am TRULY who I am MEANT to be!! Thank you Lord for giving me enough sense to at least recognize when You call my name...even though sometimes it takes me a while to actually listen and obey. Sometimes I am like a spoiled little child who wants to have her own way! But, like a good Father, you watch me and say to yourself, "OK...go ahead and try to do this on your own...you'll be back"!!
And I DO go back...RUNNING  into His arms and once again He picks up His little lamb and  loves and protects her...and we are both content to be where we are MEANT to be!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...