"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Thursday, March 31, 2011

Little Birds...

I have a love for little songbirds and like to collect them...I have bird plates, mugs,little bird figurines, pillows,etc. I also love to collect bird quotes and scriptures! Here is one I found this morning while reading my Office of Readings...


"The birds too rise up and lift themselves up to heaven: they open out their wings, instead of hands, in the form of a cross, and give voice to what seems like prayer."

Taken from the treatise On Prayer by Tertullian, Priest.


If anyone has any "Birdie" quote, scripture or poem, I would LOVE to see them!! I want to add them into a pretty little bird notebook I bought yesterday!!

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Hi Lindy. Great blog! Congratulations on your approaching clothing in the Order of Carmel. I too am an OCDS. It's a beautiful vocation.

I also love birds, and have bird plates, vases, etc., although I have stopped collecting them over the last few years.

One of my favorite bird quotes was on a bookmark, and it read: "Birds do not sing because they have an answer; they sing because they have a song."

I thought it was a beautiful credo for life -- to simply make a joyful noise unto the Lord, both in happiness and in sorrow, in light and darkness, simply because we were made to sing His praises. And He is so worthy!

Wishing you all God's blessings as you journey in your vocation.

Little Flower's Crown of Roses said...

Thanks! I love the little bird quote! I see from your blog that you too, love St. Therese! We have a lot in common!
:o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...