"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Monday, October 31, 2016

Peaceful was the night...

Painting by Adelaide Hiebel

"Peaceful was the night and deep the silence
When my boat set sail on the open sea,
Gliding over the boundless ocean
on the loveliest of journeys.
All was hushed beneath the vault of heaven
as if listening to the voice of the Eternal.
Suddenly the waves arose,
engulfing my light barque-
It was the Trinity opening out to me:
In that divine abyss I found my deepest center.
No more will you find me at the water's edge;
I have plunged into infinity, where I belong.
With my Three I live at peace,
In the wide freedom of eternity."
Saint Elizabeth of the Trinity

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...