"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Friday, April 15, 2016

All In The April Evening...

Painting by William Kay Blalock
All in the April evening,
April airs were abroad;
The sheep with their little lambs
Pass'd me by on the road.

The sheep with their little lambs
Pass'd me by on the road;
All in the April evening
I thought of the Lamb of God.

The lambs were weary, and crying
With a weak human cry;
I thought of the Lamb of God
Going meekly to die.

Up in the blue, blue mountains
Dewy pastures are sweet
Rest for the little bodies,
Rest for the little feet.

But, for the Lamb, the Lamb of God
Up on the hill-top green
Only a cross, a cross of shame
Two stark crosses between.

All in the April evening,
April airs were abroad,
I saw the sheep with their lambs,
And thought of the Lamb of God.
Katherine Tynan, 1891

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...