"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Monday, February 22, 2016

A very special gift….


This was a gift from my sweet husband recently.  It was found in an antique place and all the woman knew about it was that it is from the 19th. century, from France and that she was told that it was made by a Nun.  As you can see from the video, there is a rip on one of the pages, but, other than that, it is absolutely exquisite!  It is very small and all hand done!  Please excuse the middle of the video where I am having trouble folding the page back using only one hand!  Wouldn't that be something if it was done by Therese or one of her sisters?!!!!  
I wish you could actually see it in person, so you can see just how stunning it really is!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anne Bender said...

How exquisite and delightful! Do you read French? You'll have to decipher it for all of your readers. I'd love to know what it says. What a very thoughtful husband you have!

Little Flower's Crown of Roses said...

Anne, I'm afraid that I am NOT able to read french! However, I believe that at least one of the pages contain her poem, "Vive d'Amour'! I found the poem in a beautiful 'coffee table book' "Therese and Lisieux' and from what I can tell, it''s the same poem! The poem is lengthy, so I'm wondering if maybe it's all that one poem?? It really is a beautiful piece of art! Thank you for looking!
<3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...