"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Friday, November 20, 2015

Nonnie...



If I should live to be an old woman,
I want to be like Nonnie.
When I think of her,
I think of her hands.
Her beautiful 103 year old, hands.
I think of the children's faces she touched,
the meals she prepared,
the exquisite doilies
 and other needlework she made
for the people she loved.
I think of her sitting on her couch
with her rosary in her hands,
her eyes closed,
praying for all those
dear to her.
When I am old, my wish is
that the people I have loved in my life
will have known it…
felt it…
as I still feel Nonnie's love…
and hopefully,
one day,
 when God calls me home to Him,
my loved ones will say,
as I said of Nonnie,
"Oh! How she loved us!"
Lindy 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...