"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Thursday, March 5, 2015

The Beauty of God...

Painting by Herbert James

"When we see a beautiful object, a beautiful garden, or a beautiful flower, let us think that there we behold a ray of the infinite beauty of God, who has given existence to that object."
St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori
It is a very cold and snowy day where I am today.  It's a great day to keep warm by the fireplace and look at pretty paintings and read some of my favorite saints thoughts!  I found this painting and thought it would cheer up my blog on this cold and very snowy morning!  I keep reminding myself that it won't be long before I can be outside and smell God's heavenly roses!  But, for today I'll have to ponder  the millions of teeny, tiny snowflakes that are dropping out of sky, each one completely different from the one falling right next to it... knowing that our good God has, "given existence to that object." 
You are quite the Artist, my Lord!  

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...