"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Sunday, March 1, 2015

My Father's Robe...


Sargent's, Cashmere
"…I am always going into the far country,
and always returning home as a prodigal,
always saying, "Father, forgive me",
and thou art always bringing forth the best robe.
Every morning, let me wear it, 
every evening, return in it,
go out to the day's work in it,
be married in it, 
be wound in death in it,
stand before the great white throne in it,
enter heaven in it, shining as the sun.
Grant me never to lose sight of, 
the exceeding sinfulness of sin,
the exceeding righteousness of salvation,
the exceeding glory of Christ,
the exceeding beauty of holiness,
the exceeding wonder of grace."
- (Taken in part from, “Continual Repentance”, book of prayers)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...