"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Repairer of Fences

(Artist, John Atkinson)

"I am alone in the dark, and I am thinking
what darkness would be mine if I could see
the ruin I wrought in every place I wandered
and if I could not be
aware of One who follows after me.
Whom do I love, O God, when I love Thee?
The great Undoer who has torn apart
the walls I built against a human heart, 
The Mender who has sewn together the hedges
through which I broke when I went seeking ill,
the Love who follows and loves me still.
Fumbler and fool that I am, with things around me
and of fragile make like souls, how I am blessed
and to hear behind me footsteps of a Savior!
I sing to the east; I sing to the lighted west,
God is my repairer of fences, turning my paths into rest."
(Jessica Powers)

1 comment:

Trish said...

Thank God..thank God..for His great merciful love for us!
He restores all things unto Himself!xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...