"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Monday, July 14, 2014

"My yoke is easy"...

"To take the yoke of Christ is to associate and  identify  ourselves with him;
 our destiny with His destiny, our vision with His vision and our mission with His mission. 
 It is to know that we are not pulling the yoke alone and by our own power but, together with Christ  and by the strength that comes from Him.
The yoke, in fact, belongs to Him and He only invites you to team up with Him."
www.standrewsdumfries.org

The above quote was read to secular Carmelites at a silent retreat this past weekend.  How comforting it was for me to hear it explained like this! 

 Heavenly Father, I can do ANYTHING if I know that You are right beside me!  Teach me to remember that when I am struggling with the yoke, that I only have to turn to You, and see that you do not expect me to do it alone...you are there to encourage me to pace myself with You...not ahead of you or even behind you but, side by side WE will get through all together!  
Jesus, I trust in You!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...