"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Saturday, December 1, 2012

Journey on, with a joyful heart...

Girls Singing Music, by Gabriel Fabry (by Louis Welden Hawkins)

"So, let us sing now...not is order to enjoy a life of leisure, but in order to lighten our labors.  You should sing as wayfarers do... sing, but continue your journey. Do not be lazy, but sing to make your journey more enjoyable.  Sing, but keep going. What do I mean by keep going?  Keep on making progress.  This progress, however, must be in virtue; for there are some, the Apostle warns, whose only progress is in vice.  If you make progress, you will be continuing your journey, but be sure that your progress is in virtue, true faith and right living.  Sing then, but keep going."
(Taken in part from this mornings OOR, from a sermon by St. Augustine, Bishop)

Lord, continue to remind me that I just have to keep on putting one foot in front of the other...but, to do so with a heart full of joy! I have every reason to be joyful, because of Your love for me!!  It doesn't matter to You if I sing off key...just as long as I sing!  Loud and with a happy heart!
Jesus, (I really do) TRUST IN YOU!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...