"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Saturday, December 8, 2012

Celine's adorable story....



"When I was alone with Therese one day,
 I said to her:
 "You expect a delightful little bird like you to develop from a sparrow's egg, it's impossible!"
"Yes, but I'll perform a trick to amuse the saints.  I'll take the little egg and I'll say to the saints: 'Look, I'm going to do a magic trick.'  'Here is a little sparrow's egg; 
well, I'm going to make a pretty little bird like me come out of it!'
"Then I'll say in a whisper to God, presenting Him my little egg: 'Change the nature of the little bird by breathing over it.' 
 Then, when He has returned it to me, I'll ask the Blessed Virgin to kiss it.  Finally, I'll give it to St. Joseph and beg him to touch it.  Then I'll say aloud to all the saints:
     'All of you say that you love as much as I do the little bird that is about to come out to the egg!'
     'Immediately all the saints will cry out: 
'We love as much as you do the little bird that is about to come out of the egg!'
     'Then, triumphantly, I will break the egg and a pretty little bird will come out and place itself at my side on God's knees, and all the saints will be filled with joy when they hear the two little birds singing."
(Taken in part from, 'St. Therese of Lisieux, Her last conversations).

This little story fills my heart with joy and is a perfect example of why I love Therese so much!  I can almost hear her tell this delightful, little story!  I know that a lot of people think that Therese's writings are too flowery!  But, I have to admit that, that is the reason her writing appeals to me so much!  How I love my Little Flower!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...