"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Friday, November 16, 2012

Refuge in the desert....



"O that I had wings like a dove
to fly away and be at rest.
So I would escape far away
and take refuge in the desert."
Psalm 55:6

Lord,
You are showing me that I can find refuge in my dry desert...that it is the ONLY place to find refuge!  It is in this desert that my thirst is being quenched only by You!  I walk in this dry place where there is confusion all around me, where I no longer feel any passion or joy in things that, at one time gave me so much pleasure, because you are trying to teach your little girl that it is only in You, that I will find what I truly desire.  The numbness that I feel is beginning to feel like a cool ointment on a hurting wound. Thank you for showing me that I need to embrace this numbness...that it is benefiting me by slowly, detaching me from all the 'things' of this world that keep me from You.
Jesus, I trust in You.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...