"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Thursday, September 22, 2011

St. Therese Novena...



First Day

St. Thérèse, privileged Little Flower of Jesus and Mary, I approach you with childlike confidence and deep humility. I lay before you my desires, and beg that through your intercession they may be realized. Did you not promise to spend your heaven doing good upon earth? Grant me according to this promise the favors I am asking from you.

Intercede for us all the days of our life, but specially during this Novena and obtain for us from God the graces and favors we ask through your intercession. Amen.

Thought for the day: Confidence in God. We can never have too much confidence in the good God who is so powerful and so merciful. We obtain from Him as much as we hope for.
If you are nothing, do you forget that Jesus is everything? You have only to lose your nothingness in His Infinity and think only of loving Him.
 
Concluding Prayer Prayed Each Day:
O Lord, You have said: Unless you become as little children you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven; grant us, we beg You, so to follow, in humility and simplicity of heart, the footsteps of the Virgin blessed Thérèse, that we may attain to an everlasting reward. Amen.


(From www.ewtn.com)

(I'm afraid I can't find the name of the Artist of this painting.  I've had in my computer files for several years...if anyone knows who it is, please let me know and I will credit.)

1 comment:

Anne said...

Love the picture! Love the novena! Thanks so much for posting it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...