"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Friday, June 10, 2011

St. Gertrude sharing her thoughts with me this morning.....

"O Jesus, I offer You my poor love, placing it in the arms of Your ardent Spirit, in the furnace enkindled by your love.  O my Beloved, by Your divine power prepare me for spiritual warfare with the weapons of Your Spirit, since I do not rely upon myself, but on your goodness alone.  By Your unfathomable charity, root out of me anything that is not wholly Yours, so that, by the grace of Your love, invited and restored by Your loving sweetness, I may love You alone.  The sweet outpourings of Your Spirit make the burden of life seem brief and light.  Deign to cooperate with my works, so that my soul may magnify You eternally.  May my life be consecrated to You, and may my spirit rejoice in You, my Savior; then every thought and act will be praise and thanksgiving to You".

Heavenly Father,
Like St. Gertrude, root out of ME anything that is not wholly Yours!!  You know what I carry within me that is not good for me or does not glorify YOU!!  I want so much to become the woman YOU intended me to be!  Breathe Your Spirit into me this Pentecost!!  I am so tired of being consumed by things that don't even matter and keep me tied down to this material world and even worse...away from You, whom I am FINALLY learning to love so much!!  Give me, Your little friend who is, with Your grace, seeing her 'nothingness', the 'sweet, but secret kiss' as you did with St. Bernard!!  Enkindle my sinful little heart and make it shine in Your love!!
Amen!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...