"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Faithful Friend...



" A faithful friend is a secure shelter.  Whoever finds one, finds a treasure."
Sirach 6:14, 17

My treasure is my cousin Patti Ann.  She is a year younger than me and I love her to pieces!!  My father and her deceased Mother are brother and sister.  Patti and I have always been close, especially when we were children.  There were years when we didn't hardly talk at all, and I have to say that that was probably my fault!  I had several years that were kind of wild, but every once in a while, my Patti Ann would write me a letter, handwritten...to let me know how much God loved me!!  I still have a LOT of them packed away somewhere after all our MANY moves.  She even sent me her old bible once...highlighted and with her notes in it!  I love this woman so much!!  Over the last several years we have become even closer...even though she lives several hours from me.  She has 2 young children where as my own sons are now young men and out of the house.  She homeschools, and I give her a TON of credit!!!  It must be a LOT of work and I know sometimes it's hard for her.  Well, to fix that, Patti is coming to visit ALL next week!!  She has NEVER had a week to herself and I can NOT wait to be with her!!  I don't care what we do...just being together will be wonderful!!  When I read the above quote in my prayers this morning, I thought of my Patti Ann!  She is my secure shelter...my TREASURE!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...