"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Friday, May 6, 2011

A Pretty Soul for Jesus....


This afternoon at Adoration, I read the following from the book,'Jesus, Our Eucharistic Love'...it's is something that Saint Therese said....

"When I receive Holy Communion, I sometimes imagine my soul as if it were the soul of a three or four year-old child, dinted by play, with my clothes all soiled and my hair disheveled. - These misfortunes befall me whilst I wrestle with souls. - But the Virgin Mary rushes to my side in haste. No sooner has she rid me of my soiled, little apron, tied back my hair with a beautiful ribbon or just a little flower... and this is enough to make me lovely again and allow me sit down at the feast of the Angels without blushing."

I love that!

1 comment:

TLW said...

Typical Therese - simple, yet extraordinarily beautiful and poignant. Thanks for sharing.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...