"I will now allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her." --Hosea 2:14





Monday, February 28, 2011

The Spiritual Canticle




I've been reading St.John of the Cross the last few weeks,as it's part of reading for my OCDS group. I've come to discover that I love his works too...as I do St. Therese! I've heard that a lot of people don't care for the 'flowery' way of these two saints, but I have to admit that that is what I LOVE about both!! When I read anything from these two, I find myself stopping, closing the book and holding it close to my heart, not wanting to rush through, but savor each word. I read just this little verse from St. Johns Canticle tonight and wanted to share it.

"With flowers and emeralds
chosen on cool mornings
we shall weave garlands
flowering in your love,
and bound with one hair of mine."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...