Wednesday, October 1, 2014


Celine remembers...

Celine: 
 "I expressed my regret at not writing everything, " I don't act like the others; I don't take any notes of what you are saying." 
Therese answered,
 "You won't need any;  I'll come and get you."

During the month of June, before she had been taken down to the infirmary, one day when she saw how sad I was over her approaching death, she addressed the Child Jesus, holding up her finger as though teaching Him a lesson, and said:
 "Little Jesus, if You take me away, you must also take Mademoiselle Lili *  This is my condition, so You must think over well what You are about to do.  There's no middle course.  Take it or leave it!"

* Mademoiselle Lili was a little familiar nickname dating from our childhood which she gave me when we were together.  It was inspired by a story for children, "M. Toto and Mlle. Lili...she was M. Toto, I, Mlle. Lili.


This was such a tender story and after googling a couple different things, I found the book that I think she was writing about!  I can't explain how happy I was to look at the  pictures in this little children't book... knowing that Therese and Celine looked at the those same pictures!  I'm going to link it here so that I can keep it!  
Thank you, sweet Jesus for this little gift!  



1 comment:

Anne Bender said...

The book is adorable! Thanks for linking to it, and for your own sweet prayer of Thanksgiving to Jesus at the end of this post!